Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Keep Calm Craft On {crafting on}

The act of creating, in one form or another, preserves my sanity amongst the chaos of life. This explains why I always have more than one project going at a time as well as why my housework tends to fall behind. I enjoy seeing what others are working on and keeping calm with, too. What are you creating? What is keeping you going? Snap a picture or two and share it with the rest of us by leaving your link below.
KCCO
After we found out the good news, I had a few days before the morning sickness kicked in. I took advantage of that time (knowing it wouldn't last long) and started drafting a list of all the baby knitting I wanted to do. I do so love baby knitting! Of course my list is impossibly long but I hope I can get to a few of the things on it.

One thing that I knew I had to knit was the Klickitat nursing shawl. I already had the perfect yarn for it, some I had stashed away years ago just in case we had another sweet blessing. I don't know the name of the colorway but it reminds me so much of the peachy-pink lazured walls of Waldorf early childhood classrooms. Steiner chose that color specifically for small children because it resembles the womb, which is very soothing and comforting to little ones. I am taking my cue from him for this shawl. I mean, what better color to wrap my new baby in as s/he nurses in church (or any other place I feel the need to be a bit more discrete)?

What are you working on?! Happy creating!

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...